Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of Gym Membership
By signing the joining form you hereby agree to all terms and conditions imposed by Fat Al’s Gym.
I (the member) agree that by joining Fat Al’s Gym I am aware of my own health and physical condition, and having knowledge that my participation in any exercise program may be injurious to my health, I am voluntarily participating in physical activity at Fat Al’s Gym.
Having such knowledge, I hereby release Fat Al’s Gym and namely Alastair Stewart from liability for physical injury or illness and any loss or damage to property which I may incur as a result of participating in the said physical activity within the premises. I hereby assume all risks connected therewith and consent to participating in said activity at Fat Al’s Gym.
Terms or use of the Fat Al’s Gym
- Opening hours 6am – 10pm Monday-Sunday
- As a member you will have full access to the facilities provided during normal opening hours and you are responsible for keeping the area tidy and adhering to health and safety regulations act 1974.
- You (The member) are not permitted to deface, damage or remove any property, equipment or building that is associated to Fat Al’s Gym.
- You will pay a monthly fee by way of standing order direct to Fat Al’s Gym on the 1st of each month (unless the 1st is a bank holiday or weekend whereby the latest will be the 5th of the month) which will allow access to the gym until the end of that calendar month. If payment is not received on this date access will be denied until such time that this payment has been made.
- Access will be given by way of a unique code to the locked entrance.
- A new code will be issued monthly as membership fees are received.
- You are required to sign in and out of the gym.
- There may be, at times, no member of staff on the premises. You are therefore responsible to turn off all lights and equipment and to make sure that the door and windows are fully secured and locked upon leaving Fat Al’s Gym.
- You may be liable for loss or damage if you fail to lock the gym securely.
- You will be required to sign in and out of Fat Al’s Gym.
- Fat Al’s GYm reserves the right to use CCTV recording equipment.
- You are not permitted to bring non-members into Fat Al’s Gym with prior permission from Alastair Stewart.
- In order to cancel your membership, you must give one full calendar months’ notice in writing upon leaving Fat Al’s Gym.
- It is your responsibility to cancel any standing order in place.
- Any over-payments made to Fat Al’s Gym will not be refunded as Fat Al’s Gym has no way to cancel your standing order.
- If you signed up to a 12 month contract you are liable to pay membership for one full calendar year before you are eligible to cancel your membership.
- If you wish leave before that date you are liable to pay for the remainder of the membership period in full.
- There is signed parking at the front of Fat Al’s Gym.
- Cars must not be parked in a fashion that inhibits other cars from leaving or in designated spaces.
- You may have access to the car park adjacent to Nauticalia outside of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- You must also be respectful to other businesses in the locality and not block any rite of passage.
- You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- Fat Al’s Gym reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonable believes you are unfit to use the facilities.
- You must ensure that you put your weights back in their original place when finished, failure to do so may result in your membership being terminated.
- Do not misuse the weights by dropping them on the floor, failure to do so may result in your membership being terminated.
- You must not behave in an aggressive, abusive, anti-social or threatening manner to any staff or member, any one doing so will have their membership terminated immediately and Fat Al’s Gym reserves the right to contact the Police if deemed necessary.
- You are permitted to use the music system for your own music ie radio,CD’s, MP3.
- Any music played must not be offensive, racist, defamatory or to the annoyance of other members, members of the public or adjourning businesses.
- The music must not be so loud as to cause annoyance to anyone.
- You must wear appropriate clothing when in the gym. Nudity, inappropriate foot wear, workwear, heavily soiled or offensive clothing is not permitted. You may be required to change you clothing or be asked to leave if you are in violation of this policy until appropriate clothing is worn.
- You are permitted to use the kitchen facilities at your own risk.
- You are not permitted to remove any items of food or drink that do not belong to you barring tea and coffee facilities that are provided by Fat Al’s Gym.
- Any misuse of the vending machine by way of theft or damage will result in criminal proceedings.
By signing the joining contract and entering the gym it is assumed that you have read and understood all the terms and conditions imposed by Fat Al’s Gym, therefore failure to adhere to said terms and conditions can result in memberships being terminated immediately.
Any persons found not adhering to any of the above terms and conditions will have membership revoked and any payment forfeited.